Recent Cost Savings Case Studies
- Five various sized new or recently added HRI clients’ year one savings experience.
- No reduction in benefits made to accomplish savings.
- Increases in benefits in every case with better choices in benefits.
- Increases in provider network reach with all plans using national PPO networks.
- A year-round pre-assigned personal employee contact for counseling and guidance via self funded insurance system. No insurance rep phone bank issues.
- Renewal increases, year to year, at less than 6% with on-going clients*.
- Upper Management at these companies will gladly review their experiences in working with us and making the change at your request.
HORIZONS RESEARCH client results with custom designed, self-funded health plans:
Chicago-based, small to mid-size hotel operation:
Original annual med plan cost: $594,330
Guaranteed minimum annual savings/original: $125,352 (Savings)
Expected annual savings/original: $165,842 (Savings)
Indiana based Midwest Dairy Operation:
Original annual med plan cost: $675,643
Guaranteed minimum annual savings/original: $34,000 (Savings)
Expected annual savings/original: $150,000 (Savings)
*Washington State based, Northwest mid-size hotel operation:
Original annual med plan cost: $1,909,623
Guaranteed minimum annual savings/original: $266,959 (Savings)
Expected annual savings/original $517,408 (Savings)
*North Carolina based, Eastern-States, large size Hotel Operation:
Original annual med plan expected cost: $4,855,991
Expected annual savings/original: $544,344 (Savings)
Original annual “at maximum” cost: $5,885,991
Reduced annual “at Maximum” savings: $657,527 (Savings)
California Based Midsize, major brand, National Hotel Franchise Operation:
Original annual health plan cost (including Med +Den+Vis): $6,083,595
Current Fully Insured Carriers’ Projected Renewal: $6,911,343
Guaranteed minimum annual savings/renewal (at worse case maximum “catastrophic” claims): $50,273
Expected annual savings/original for expected “normal” claims year: $973,026